Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Save Yourself

Head is hot. Breath is lost. Lips quiver. Eye sight gone. Completely drowning. Thoughts that were once modest and pure become mean and loud..Who's going to save you now?

I wish I could say it was peaceful down here. I want something to pull me back up. But what? Free falling deep down, sinking in my thoughts is what's making me drown.  

Fear says, "you're too weak, you don't stand a chance." 
Doubt says,"It's not worth it, you're better off down here."
Anger says, "Here you will stay, lost, mean and afraid."

Suddenly, an anchor drops. A hand shoots down and the sinking stops. Latching on so tight, pulling me up effortlessly towards the blue skies and warm sunlight. Slowly regaining consciousness. All is a blur, and all I want now is to look my savior in the eyes. 

Here I am, standing all alone. Starring at the sign: "Me, myself, and I, on duty at all times." 

No comments:

Post a Comment